GOODY'S® EXTRA STRENGTH HEADACHE POWDER
The tried and true classic Goody's® Powder for fast relief of minor aches and pains due to headaches, arthritis and colds.
Now available in new on-the-go sealed stick packs. Same powerful formula. Now easier to open, faster to take. Fast just got faster!
Temporarily relieves minor aches and pains due to:
- Minor arthritis pain
- Muscular aches
Available in 2, 6, 18, 24 and 50 count packages.
Do not take more than directed (see overdose warning).
- Adults and children 12 years of age and over: place 1 powder on tongue every 6 hours, while symptoms persist. Drink a full glass of water with each dose, or powder may be stirred into a glass of water or other liquid.
- Do not take more than 4 powders in 24 hours unless directed by a doctor.
- Children under 12 years of age: ask a doctor.
- Store below 25°C (77°F).
Active Ingredients (per powder)
|Acetaminophen 260 mg||Pain reliever|
|Aspirin (NSAID)* 520 mg||Pain reliever|
|Caffeine 32.5 mg||Pain reliever aid|
*nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug
Each powder contains: potassium 60 mg
Lactose monohydrate, potassium chloride
Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye’s syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Allergy Alert: Aspirin may cause severe allergic reaction, which may include:
- Facial swelling
- Asthma (wheezing)
Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
- Skin reddening
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take take:
- More than 4 powders in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- With other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Stomach bleeding warning:
This product contains an NSAID, which may cause severe stomach bleeding. The chance is higher if you:
- Are age 60 or older
- Have had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems
- Take a blood-thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
- Take other drugs containing prescription or non-prescription NSAIDs (aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others)
- Have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
- Take more or for a longer time than directed
This product contains caffeine. Limit the use of caffeine-containing medications, foods, or beverages because too much caffeine may cause nervousness, irritability, sleeplessness, and, occasionally, rapid heart beat.
Do not use:
- If you have ever had an allergic reaction to aspirin or any other pain reliever/fever reducer.
- With any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or non-prescription. If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
Ask a doctor before use if:
- You have liver disease
- Stomach bleeding warning applies to you
- You have a history of stomach problems, such as heartburn
- You have high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis, or kidney disease
- You are taking a diuretic
- You have asthma
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking:
- A prescription drug for diabetes, gout, or arthritis
- The blood thinning drug warfarin
Stop use and see a doctor if:
- An allergic reaction occurs. Seek medical help right away.
- You experience any of the following signs of stomach bleeding:
- Feel faint
- Vomit blood
- Have bloody or black stools
- Have stomach pain that does not get better
- Pain gets worse or lasts more than 10 days
- Fever lasts more than three days
- Redness or swelling is present
- Any new symptoms appear
- Ringing in the ears or a loss of hearing occurs
These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast–feeding, ask a health professional before use. It is especially important not to use aspirin during the last three months of pregnancy unless definitely directed to do so by a doctor, because it may cause problems in the unborn child or complications during delivery.
Keep out of reach of children.
Taking more than the recommended dose can cause serious health problems. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away. Quick medical attention is crucial for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.